Is Jameson Publishing For Me?
Karen Burkett, Derek Van Slyke, and Dan Schell (L-R) have over 38 years of combined experience with Jameson Publishing.
We hire uncommon people. Jameson team members embrace challenges and competition, innovate to exceed customer expectations, and strive for honesty and high integrity. We believe a force of enthusiastic, loyal, ambitious co-workers is our #1 competitive advantage and is the foundation to our company’s long-term success. Spend a few minutes on our website to learn more about the Jameson culture. Even if you’ve never sold an ad or written an article, Jameson Publishing could be the right place for you.
We’ve established a culture of self-discipline combined with an ethic of entrepreneurship. We push for the quickest pace that will be effective. We act with urgency on anything that doesn’t meet our standards. We hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results. And our team achieves most goals we set because we don’t leave winning to chance. A shared attitude among most Jameson employees is, “I’ve never worked harder – and I’ve never felt more rewarded.”
We believe that to achieve those business outcomes we need an upbeat work environment. We integrate healthy humor and laughter into our day because we believe it enhances our productivity. We treat our employees like royalty by offering excellent pay and benefits, plus a chance to earn a spot on the annual company-sponsored goal trip to a tropical location. And our company President was quoted in a national publication on the important role beer plays in our organization. Yes, beer.
Here are some other points about the Jameson environment you might find interesting:
- Your performance determines how successful you are here. Individual career growth is based on achieving outcomes, not seniority.
- The amount of training and support we offer to both incoming employees and veteran employees is abnormal. And we're thrilled to be abnormal in that regard. The ingredients for success are different for each person, so we provide resources to meet each individual’s needs.
- Because we are trusted by many of the largest and most reputable brands in North America, our team members collaborate with some of the best minds in the business world. Those industry experts require a high standard of performance from us, so our team members must frequently create and execute high-impact ideas.
- Our employees are not only talented at publishing, they have diverse professional backgrounds. Each branch of the military is represented on our team while other employees’ backgrounds include retail, insurance, healthcare, IT, pharmaceuticals, academia, and self-employment. We even have a former pro basketball player, a barista, and a chemist.
- For a variety of reasons, our company isn’t for everyone. Some folks are a better fit for outside sales, and all our jobs are inside sales. Some work better in an unstructured environment, not our culture of self-discipline. For those who are a right fit, we partner them with managers and mentors who care about them personally and professionally.
Our unique culture has been featured on one of the world’s leading human resources websites and, more importantly, has enabled us to thrive for decades in a changing world. We invite you to learn more about our company and decide if Jameson is right for you.
The word most commonly used to describe our hiring process is “thorough.” Conventional hiring processes rely on a conversation (or two) about your resume and skills, followed by a job offer. Because protecting our culture is important to us and because a career change significantly impacts your family, we’re careful to make sure the fit is right on both sides. We want to learn who you are, and you should want to learn everything you can about us. We promise candor about our job and work environment and ask you to be candid as well.
Our typical interview process begins with a phone interview to determine if a candidate’s skills and experience meet the minimum standards for the job. The next step would be employment screening, which consists of testing and an interview with our Corporate Recruiter in our office. Subsequent interviews would involve the Hiring Manager for the position and ultimately the company President, if all goes well. After each step, we’ll assess if there is a potential fit, and we’ll let you know if we choose to continue the selection process. We leave time in every interview for candidates to ask questions and afford every candidate the opportunity to talk with members of the Jameson team.
Before we make a job offer, we spend an average of 15 hours talking with a candidate. That’s significantly above the industry norm, but it’s different by design. As we said before, our culture is important to us, and a career change is important to you and your family, so we invest the necessary time to determine if we have the right fit. Finding that right fit requires time and hard thinking from both you and us.
Interested in participating in our selection process?