About Jameson Publishing
Joe Mureo, Tracy Tasker, and Matt Pillar (L-R) have over 36 years of combined experience with Jameson Publishing.
Jameson Publishing, formerly Corry Publishing, was launched in May 1980, with its first publication dated October 1980. At that time, Corry Publishing had three employees. During the early 1990s, the company moved to Erie, PA to help bolster its growth. The move worked. Today Jameson Publishing has grown to a medium-sized business and publishes three national trade magazines for the IT industry as well as one national life science magazine. In order to maintain consistent growth, the company expanded operations with a second location in the Pittsburgh, PA area in 2007.
In 2008, Corry Publishing changed its name to Jameson Publishing and moved the headquarters to a new 23,000 square foot office facility located in Knowledge Park on the campus of Penn State’s Behrend Campus in Erie, PA. In 2009, Jameson Publishing acquired five websites from VertMarkets. These five websites add valuable, new website functionality that augment the national trade magazines currently produced. These enhanced websites have become the primary research tools for the industries we serve. Jameson Publishing is a part of Peterson Brothers, Inc.
Is Jameson Publishing For Me?
We hire uncommon people. Jameson team members embrace challenges and competition, innovate to exceed customer expectations, and strive for honesty and high integrity. We believe a force of enthusiastic, loyal, ambitious co-workers is our #1 competitive advantage and is the foundation to our company’s long-term success. Spend a few minutes on our website to learn more about the Jameson culture. Even if you’ve never sold an ad or written an article, Jameson Publishing could be the right place for you.
We’ve established a culture of self-discipline combined with an ethic of entrepreneurship. We push for the quickest pace that will be effective. We act with urgency on anything that doesn’t meet our standards. We hold ourselves and each other accountable for achieving results. And our team achieves most goals we set because we don’t leave winning to chance. A shared attitude among most Jameson employees is, “I’ve never worked harder – and I’ve never felt more rewarded.”
We believe that to achieve those business outcomes we need an upbeat work environment. We integrate healthy humor and laughter into our day because we believe it enhances our productivity. We treat our employees like royalty by offering excellent pay and benefits, plus a chance to earn a spot on the annual company-sponsored goal trip to a tropical location. And our company President was quoted in a national publication on the important role beer plays in our organization. Yes, beer.
Jason Irwin, Dianna Gross, and Jon Dudenhoeffer (L-R)
Here are some other points about the Jameson environment you might find interesting:
- Your performance determines how successful you are here. Individual career growth is based on achieving outcomes, not seniority.
- The amount of training and support we offer to both incoming employees and veteran employees is abnormal. And we're thrilled to be abnormal in that regard. The ingredients for success are different for each person, so we provide resources to meet each individual’s needs.
- Because we are trusted by many of the largest and most reputable brands in North America, our team members collaborate with some of the best minds in the business world. Those industry experts require a high standard of performance from us, so our team members must frequently create and execute high-impact ideas.
- Our employees are not only talented at publishing, they have diverse professional backgrounds. Each branch of the military is represented on our team while other employees’ backgrounds include retail, insurance, healthcare, IT, pharmaceuticals, academia, and self-employment. We even have a former pro basketball player, a barista, and a chemist.
- For a variety of reasons, our company isn’t for everyone. Some folks are a better fit for outside sales, and all our jobs are inside sales. Some work better in an unstructured environment, not our culture of self-discipline. For those who are a right fit, we partner them with managers and mentors who care about them personally and professionally.
Our unique culture has been featured on one of the world’s leading human resources websites and, more importantly, has enabled us to thrive for decades in a changing world. We invite you to learn more about our company and decide if Jameson is right for you.
Check out pictures of our employees—you may even know some of them!